Thursday, June 23, 2016

USA Wreath

One of the things that relaxes me and I love, is crafting.  I see something at craft show and think, "I can make that".  Of course, most of the time I never do, but after Mama kept on and on about this wreath she wanted, I knew I needed to make it.

The great thing with crafting is you can normally always "make" it your own.  In this case, Mama wanted a Bandanna Wreath.  Everything I saw online was for the traditional bandannas, but I just couldn't find any.  Or should I say, I couldn't find enough of each color to make it.  So, I improvised and decided to do solid red, white and blue bandannas and then used fancy stars and a bow.



I think it turned out pretty good and I'm very happy with it.  I used a 18" wreath, but the tails of the bandanna loops were about 3", so the final wreath was about 24" on the outside.

Because the material is protected from the sun or weather, I suggest that you put it on the side door and not out in the elements.  Now that I see how easy they are to make, I guess I'll be heading to get the supplies to make me one.

2 comments: