Friday, June 24, 2016

Coloring Cards

I love to color.  When I was little, people say that I would walk about with my baby dolls, coloring book and colors (crayons).  As long as I had those three things, life was good.

We have an amazing Christian Publishers Outlet store in my town.  They offer various classes, and this is how I got started in Bible Journals.  Since I took a class at this store, they offered us a 40% off discount and I was able to get some goodies.


These cards are sweet.  After my surgery several months ago, I colored these and sent them out as thank you cards.  It was nice to be able to create, but not have to think really hard about drawing and then coloring.

I love letter writing and think it's so sad that kids now days don't write letters.  Is it really a lost art?  How sad!!  Emails or texts have their place, but a nice card in the mailbox says so much more.


These cards were colored with my Prismacolor pencils.  The are great!!!  But I will come clean and say that my crayola pencils would be great too.  The Prismacolor are nice because they are softer and blend better.


A couple weeks ago, Sister and I were in the same Christian bookstore and I found a 48 pack of pens.  Fine tip, glitter, metallic and neon.  They are AMAZING!!!  The black smudge is the black pen!  Yes, I went around the edge and then used my finger to smudge it and wala.

I encourage you to step out and create a card for someone today or grab a piece of paper and pen and write someone a note.  Nothing fancy, just something that says, I'm thinking about you.  You might never know just how much it will touch someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment